Are part of the Amber Valley Community Support Team employed by Derbyshire Community Health Services. We are based at your local GP practice.
Its a free service and we can work with anyone over the age of 18 to help to support and work on your behalf as the link between all the different services and organisations in the community.
If you are an older adult we can help you to get the support you need to remain independent in your own home for as long as possible.
If you are a family member or carer of someone and you also feel you need some extra help, support or information we can help you too.
Its not just about medical or social care needs, we can also help you to access local support and volunteer groups such as; day centres, local community groups, healthy lifestyle activities, bereavement support, meals-on-wheels, befriending, carer support and local volunteering opportunities to name but a few!
How We Can Help
If you are encountering difficulties, or know someone who needs help, we can help you to find and access the support or information you need. For example;
· Referrals to our community health teams for time limited interventions e.g. physiotherapy, podiatry, occupational therapy, community matrons and district nursing.
· Referral to social care for assessment and support.
· Help with finding suitable community groups and social activities if you feel isolated and would like to meet people and get involved.
· Befriending opportunities if you would like some company.
· Bereavement support.
· Referrals to appropriate agencies if you need assistance with shopping, travel, small house maintenance tasks etc.
· Family or Carer support
· Help to access benefits.
In fact, general Information on most things!!
The Care Co-ordinator based at Arthur Medical Centre is Chloe Tabbenor.