All patients have the right to complete confidentiality and the Practice will uphold this at all times. However, information about you may be shared between members of the Practice Team in order to provide effective health care for you. There may be occasions where a third party (i.e. insurance company) will request information about you. Your consent will be sought before any information is released to them.
Complaints and Suggestions
The Practice operates an in-house procedure to handle complaints. Our Practice Manager will assist you with complaints or suggestions to improve the services we provide. He can be contacted by telephone or letter.
- To be greeted in a welcoming and caring manner
- To have privacy and confidentiality.
- To be treated with courtesy and respect.
- To have access to your medical records in line with policy and law.
- Make every attempt to answer the telephone promptly.
- Offer an appointment within a reasonable time.
- Usually see patients within 20 minutes of their appointment time.
- Provide information and advice and give appropriate treatment.
- Provide information about what we do.
- Provide quality training for our staff.
We ask that you:
- Only ask for a visit when you are really too ill to come to the surgery.
- Keep your appointment times or give us notice of cancellation.
- Let us know of change of name, address etc.
- Treat our team with courtesy and respect.
- Show understanding, compassion and respect for other patients